Breakups can be hard and after any break up usually comes the need to look better than before.
The act of looking better than before is called a glow up and almost everyone wants that.
After post breakup events such as feeling sorry for yourself, not wanting to go out or be seen, the rest of all the other sad parts of break up.
The need to physically glow up, look better or practically improve your overall self; usually happen for most people and if you are one of them, this article is exactly for you.
In this guide, you will learn how to physically glow up after a break up.
How to glow up post breakup
Glowing up doesn’t necessarily mean you have to break your bank, a lot of people usually think that.
While a glow up can work with or without money, it is not completely necessary.
You might money to buy a few things or you can improvise with what you already have.
Here is an article I have written on ways to glow up in college even when you are broke.
So, in this article you will learn:
- What to eat to glow up after a break up
- Bath routine for a quick glow up
- Makeup must haves for a glow up
- Wardrobe additions for glow up
- Supplements you can take for a glow up
What to eat to glow up after a break up
Although you can anything you want, they are other foods you can add to your diet.
So you don’t necessarily need to change your diet for a glow except if you are big on junk foods.
In that case, adding fruits and veggies like pineapple, spinach and papaya can improve your immune system and thereby activate a quick glow up.
Drinking detox drinks also help, a cup of green tea 3 times a day with almond milk as they contain natural antioxidants that help improve cell dysfunction and provide many other health benefits.
In other words, eating healthier can improve your health thereby making you look healthier and glowy inside and out.
Bath routine for a quick glow up
There are few things you can add to your regular bath routine that can improve your look physically.
No physical glow up can happen with a clear skin.
Although, skincare regimens takes time to work, but the earlier the better and also consistency.
These are the few things you can add to your shower routine that can improve your skin:
- Bathing with cold water sometimes, this will hydrate your skin,
- Shaving your legs once the hair start sprouting,
- Exfoliating 3 or 2 times every week,
- Using a mosturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, also improves skin hydration, and
- Using a sunscreen to avoid hyperpigmentation and unnatural aging.
Addition of all the aforementioned tips to your bath routine will give rise to a healthy glow physically in a matter of days.
Makeup must haves for a glow up
After skincare, another important thing that should follow is make up.
They are few things you can do to improve your makeup routine in other to glow up, things like:
- Tweeze out outgrown eyebrows,
- Use the correct shade of concealer and foundation,
- Always clean your makeup tools once in two weeks to avoid passing acne causing bacteria to your face,
- A clear lip gloss will give you a clean look,
- If you have the budget, invest in a slik pillow case as it helps protect your skin from acne, and
- Always wash your bedding for a good sleep and clean skin.
Wardrobe additions for a glow up
Some clothes bring out our best look most of the time.
Invest in bright coloured cotton tops and polos especially white to make your skin tone look effortlessly clean.
Also if you love crop tops, buy the dark shade ones like brown and black.
Always wear clean jeans and make sure you always pay attention to your clothes after sitting down for a long time. This would prevent crumpled clothes and a shabby look.
When it comes to hats, baseball caps will save you from bad hair days, if you don’t feel okay about your hair you can always use one to cover up and appear put together.
Supplements you can take for a physical glow up
Supplements you can take for a glow exist and most of the doctors advise us to take them regularly for a healthy immune system and body function.
Those supplements includes:
- Vitamin C for healthy skin,
- Vitamin D3 for immune system boost,
- Vitamin A for good eyesight and,
- Zinc for overall body health management.
You’re free to include more supplements, but these aforementioned 4 vitamins are one of the best you can use daily.
However, if you are sceptical about them and maybe feel you may be allergic to any of the vitamins, you can see a doctor for more clarification and alternatives.
Like I have mentioned, post breakup period can be a little confusing and sometimes hard to get through.
However, one thing you can do for yourself is to get your life together and get the glow up you want.
So, if you want to glow up physically, you can follow my guide in this article and will be grateful you did.
And yes you can decide glow up at anytime you are ready and if you feel like not doing it right now, its not a problem.